Sunday, May 15, 2016

Find your balance

Minimalism is a highly individualized process. When starting out it's really easy to compare oneself to someone else. That is a really, really bad idea. Trying to keep up with the minimalist Jones family is only going to lead to feeling discouraged and losing sight of your own personal goals. This is not the Kentucky Derby.

Recently I changed to only owning two forks, two knives, and two spoons. That's a level that works for me for now (and keeps me on top of the dishes). That may or may not be an idea that will even work in your life, or one that helps you obtain your goals. Please take any ideas I share, or anyone else shares, and critically examine them. Be you, because you is pretty awesome.

What is your balance? Am I crazy for getting rid of my flatware? What about dinner guests?

No comments:

Post a Comment